Garlic Cheese Twists Daiya tested & approved
Submitted December 18, 2012 by Ashleen
These cheesy pastries are highly addictive. Consider yourself warned.
- Vegan (492)
- Dairy Free (including lactose and casein) (455)
- Soy Free (396)
- Peanut Free (424)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and roll out both sheets of puff pastry.
2. Mix together egg replacer and lightly brush over both sheets of puff pastry.
3. Pulse the mozzarella shreds in a food processor so that they are more finely grated.
4. Mix together oil and garlic powder and brush lightly over one of the sheets of pastry.
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella over top of the pastry that has been brushed with oil.
6. Place the other sheet of puff pastry over top of the filling, 'egg' side down and firmly press the two sheets together.
7. Cut into narrow strips, twist, and brush with garlic olive oil.
8. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
9. Bake approx. 10 min at 400 F, or until golden and puffed.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.